Thank you for visiting our website.
Submission guidelines for The Belton Journal and related properties:
Any image, story or other unsolicited information sent to The Belton Journal is considered a community-contributed submission of material and falls under these guidelines.
• You retain ownership of any submission that is your original work. Submissions sent from third parties should only be by permission of the organization or individual who owns it, who also must agree to this submission policy.
• You understand that submissions may or may not appear in the Belton Journal and its related forms of publication, now or in the future.
• By contributing a submission, you are granting to the Belton Journal unrestricted, non-exclusive right to use it now and in the future. This includes modifying the original submission to fit print requirements.
• Submissions used become a permanent part of the Belton Journal and its product offerings. By virtue of appearance on the Belton Journal Web site, submissions may also become a permanent part of search engine caching libraries (such as google.com) and online archiving organizations (such as archive.org).
• Submissions not immediately used become a permanent part of the Belton Journal’s library, with rights for possible future use.
• By contributing any submission, you are indicating you have read and understood this policy and agree to its terms.
To be considered for inclusion in the Belton Journal, all submissions must be received by 5:00 p.m. on Monday of the week in question.
Guide for written submissions:
Always start your story with the most important information (Who, What, When, Where, Why and How). Be sure to include important details regarding any events or people described in the submission. Spelling is key. Be sure to check the grammar and spelling of your submission. The less editing that has to be done, the more likely we are to use your story.
Guide for image submissions:
Submitted images should be in JPEG or TIFF format. They should be the highest quality/lowest compression possible. A caption/cutline must accompany the file (no exceptions. If we do not get a caption/cutline or it is incomplete, we can not use the image.)
Caption/Cutline should include:
Name(s) of people in the image.
A description of the action in the image.
Date the image was taken.
Where the photo was taken.
Any additional background information providing context for the image.
Name of photographer.
Opinions expressed (including Letters to the Editor) are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions held by the Belton Journal’s management, staff or advertisers. Letters to the Editor should not exceed more than 350 words.
Please fill out the following form to request information about advertising with us or to provide feedback about our site. When you are finished, click the ‘Submit’ button to send us your message.
To purchase an ad on our site please contact Darci Gillespey at firstname.lastname@example.org or Mellonie Caffy at email@example.com
For questions about News, please contact Kierra Pixler at firstname.lastname@example.org
To inquire about Sports, please contact Tony Adams at email@example.com
If interested in a free three month trial, please contact Robin at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, address and phone number.
The Belton Journal
210 North Penelope, Belton, TX